The Communications Coordinator positions exists to develop, coordinate, and manage communications projects as identified by the Minnesota State Energy Center of Excellence (MSECOE) Executive Director. All projects are collaborative with Minnesota State College and University partners, the Minnesota Department of Education, energy industry partners, sector specific groups and the Minnesota Energy Consortium Steering Committee. This position exists to determine the best methods of media development and engagement, delivery, and communication per project, often with overlapping timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree OR two years of professional experience, OR an equivalent combination of post-secondary training, education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the area of digital media communications across a wide variety of electronic media.
- Creative and analytic thinker with in-depth knowledge of communication strategies and processes,
- including strong familiarity with social media strategies, tools and platforms.
- Proficiency in web analytics including but not limited to Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with design and content aesthetics/functions specific to Web and electronic media.
- Ability to interact and relate well with all segments of the educational community and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate cooperation among colleges, universities, high schools, businesses, and the community.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to diverse audiences and motivate others through written and oral presentations; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of basic principles of marketing and ability to design and produce creative, original, compelling, brand compliant content and marketing materials that are audience appropriate and adhere to the Minnesota State branding requirements.
- Ability to direct and coordinate multiple related assignments and tasks; recording the completion of assignments.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule involving travel throughout the State of Minnesota.
- Able to use varying styles, approaches, skills and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse multicultural workplace.
- Some travel required.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave. Tuition waiver is available for employees and dependents.