The Minnesota State Energy Center of Excellence is a consortium of two-year colleges and 4-year universities located throughout Minnesota. A top priority has been program development to prepare technicians for the energy production and transmission industries. Degree programs cover the broad spectrum of energy production technologies including biodiesel, ethanol, fossil fuels, natural gas, power transmission, solar, and wind.
- We engage with industry, enhance education, and inspire students through a variety of activities and partnerships including:
- Workforce Development: The right education and training to support the energy industry
- Pipeline: Increased awareness of energy related career opportunities
- Research: Education and Industry partnerships that advance research in energy related fields
- Collaboration at the national level with the Center for Energy Workforce Development
- Regional collaboration with the Great Lakes States Energy Partnership
- Education partner for the Minnesota Energy Consortium
The Centers of Excellence
The Minnesota State Energy Center of Excellence is one of eight workforce centers in Minnesota State building bridges between industry and education. Check what the centers do to connect across the state.